Neck Pain treatment in Westfield, Clark and Cranford, NJ.
Your neck has an enormous job. It is composed of 7 vertebrae (called the cervical vertebrae) that support your head and allow it to rotate, bend and twist. Muscles, ligaments and nerves support the cervical vertebrae, and cushions (known as discs) act like pillows between each vertebra – absorbing stress and promoting flexibility. With the important task of supporting your head and shoulders, the neck is prone to painful injuries or damage from a variety of possible causes:
- Poor posture causes undue strain on the neck and shoulders. Constant rounded shoulders or poor head posture causes muscles to overwork and may contribute to degenerative neck conditions such as degenerative disc disease or arthritis.
- Degenerative disc disease is the steady erosion of the flexible discs between each vertebra. Discs normally lose their moisture and decrease in size with age, causing the vertebrae to shift position or rub together.
- Arthritis is another condition that may worsen over the years. There are different types of arthritis, butosteoarthritis is the most common. Every bone has cartilage on each end, which protects them from the friction of rubbing against each other. When cartilage wears away, often with age, bone rubs again bone — causing swelling, stiffness and pain.
- Trauma, such as a sudden jolt or whiplash, may produce neck pain.
- Muscle strain or muscle spasms are another possible cause of neck pain.
- Pinched nerves from a bulging disc or herniated disc may cause neck pain, tingling or weakness.
Advanced Wellness of Westfield provides chiropractic care for neck pain, back pain, headaches and other conditions originating from the spine.
- Before treatment begins, our team first diagnoses the reason for your pain. With digital x-rays, we determine the source of your symptoms.
- The next step is to determine the best treatment plan and provide pain relief through spinal adjustments and realignments.
- Recurring treatment ensures that the condition is corrected, not merely treated for pain relief.
Dr. John Pinto and the team at Advanced Wellness of Westfield also teach you ergonomic and posture solutions, proper body mechanics and relaxation exercises. We want to ensure that you understand how a modified lifestyle supplements chiropractic care for long-term health and wellness.
We provide Neck Pain Treatment services to Clark, Scotch Plains, Cranford, Summit, Springfield, Mountainside, Berkeley Heights, and New Providence NJ. Contact us online or call 908-378-8966 today to find out how we can help you.
Schedule an appointment today!